I love this time of year for many reasons, but in terms of blogging I love when my favorite bloggers post their own wish lists. I guess I’m a bit of a creeper that way! While I’ve shared myriad gift guides and gift ideas throughout the years, I’ve never shared my own wish list. Today’s a pretty slow day, so I thought I’d share the items I’d love to receive this year. (I don’t actually “ask” for any of these items though. What will actually end up happening is that I’ll probably purchase most of these items for myself over the coming year!)
1. Cotton Candy Maker – I have had a lifelong love affair with cotton candy and it recently hit me that I should start making my own. I’m not sure this is the most healthy item I could have, but it might bring me the most happiness!
2. Be Happy Print from Sugar Paper - My husband and I are in the very early stages of talking about buying a condo or a house. I’d LOVE to decorate my own office, and this print would go front and center.
3. The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer – This book is about a group of people who meet as teens at an art camp. I have no doubt I will love this book!
4. Macaron Pan – I’m a macaron fanatic and I’d love to try my hand at making my own. I’m not sure a macaron pan is a necessity for this (in fact, I’m sure it’s not), but I’d still like one because I’ll need all the help I can get.
5. Cake Decorating Set – I don’t actually want to decorate cakes, but a pastry bag and regular tip are helpful for making macarons.
6. The Lowland by Jhumpa Lahiri – Lahiri is my favorite author, so I’m not sure how it is that I haven’t yet read her latest novel. Per usual, it’s getting great accolades.
7. Grace Potter and the Nocturnals – I’m not really familiar with this band, but a friend linked to them on Facebook and I loved the sound. The last new CD I received was Adele, so I’m ready to listen to something new!
8. Google Chromecast – I didn’t know this device existed until I posted about it the other day, but I’d love the ability to watch Netflix on our second TV (aka my TV).
9. Treadmill Desk – Since I now work from home I have become a bit obsessed with getting a treadmill desk. I think the exercise will help break up some of the monotony AND I’ll get in a workout every day. (Note: I do think my husband and I are going to invest in this, but at this point we are trying to decide if we should get a treadmill desk set like the one above, or get a regular treadmill and add a desk. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!)
10. Fitbit – If I’m going to be trekking miles on the tread mill I should keep track of the distance I’m walking and calories burned.
11. Before Midnight – If I could watch only 2 movies for all of eternity it would be Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. Though I wanted to see Before Midnight in the theatres I resisted so I could really savor the third installment to the franchise.
I’d love to know what’s on your own personal wish list! What are you dreaming of these days?