Thanks so much to Chi-Annie, who “presented” me with the “Queen of Awe-Summ” Award quite a long time ago. I knew then that I would be out of town for a while, so I told her I would hold off on accepting until I needed to fill some space with some posts I could write ahead of time. But that doesn’t make this award any less special – I’m thrilled to be Awe-Summ!
As per the rules of the award, I need to tell you 7 things that make me Awe-Summ. Let’s go:
1. I am a huge supporter of the arts and artists.
2. I’m really good at planning inexpensive vacations. Probably because I think about vacationing constantly.
3. Italy is the most beautiful and wondrous country I have ever visited. I would move there in a heartbeat. How does this make me awe-summ? I don’t know. But Italy is awe-summ, so this must count.
4. I pretty much ALWAYS know what is happening with people. Want to know what that girl that sat behind you in the third grade is doing now? Ask me!
5. I have a fairly massive shoe collection. At last count I had 105 pairs. I’ve been trying to whittle that down lately but I tend to believe that since my feet aren’t growing anymore, why bother getting rid of shoes? They’ll probably come back into style at some point.
6. My dream is to move to California. I would say right now there’s about a 30% chance that could happen in 2010.
7. I do not get stressed out. Ever. I realized a long time ago that getting stressed just meant I would be less productive. Now my mantra is “This will get done because it has to get done.”
I also need to tell you all 6 Unimportant Favorite Things of Mine:
1. I am addicted to my Blackberry. I never thought I would be that person. But I am.
2. I have awful taste in music – the top 10 songs on my iTunes playlist includes some of the following artists: Pink, Carrie Underwood, Tchaikovsky (1812 Overture), Fergie, and Anne Murray. I think my taste in music is hilarious. Hilariously bad, that is.
3. My Macbook. I am a Mac gal.
4. Gossip Girl. I am already counting the days until it returns.
5. Gmail. I’m addicted. Luckily I can access it through my Blackberry.
6. Red velvet cake. Is there anything more delicious?
I’m going to defy yet another blog award’s rules and pass this on to all of you. You all deserve it. Plus, I enjoy reading these little memes! (I read them on my Blackberry, of course!)